Secret Grief: Tenderness for Unacknowledged Sorrow
|Sales have ended for this event.|
Sales for this event have closed. See you next time!
Grief is awful enough to carry and even more difficult when we can't acknowledge it publicly. This is a space to tend your private pain, the thing you cannot talk about or don't feel safe making public. The taboo grief or the grief tangled with shame.
Examples include but are not limited to:
* A layer of a public/claimed grief you feel shame about (providing money for someone who overdosed and died, giving a gun to someone who used it to shoot themselves)
* LGBTQ+ folks who cannot acknowledge the loss of a partner, relationship, or friend
* A polyamorous person who loses a non-primary partner to death or break-up
* The end of an affair to death or break-up
* The loss of someone you didn't know in person or never got the chance to know (an online friend, a family member you never met or could not publicly claim)
* Missing an abusive partner or another perpetrator of violence against you or someone else
* Grieving someone for whom your grief may be misinterpreted as a betrayal to someone you love
* Missing a community or lifestyle that wasn't good for you
* The loss of an animal who was important to you
* The death of anyone or loss of anything that has impacted you more than you feel comfortable lettings others know
This event will take place on Zoom and cameras will be off and display names can be changed. Participation in the chatbox is optional and no information will be saved or recorded in any way.
We'll gather to give space, time, and tender attention to the secret grief we carry. Because to mourn is part of being human, and ignoring the pain doesn't work.
Online Access Information
||You will be provided instructions to access the digital content for this event. When and how these instructions are delivered to you is determined by the Event Organizer. To ensure access, use an up-to-date email address and avoid unsubscribing from email updates. See our Help Center for more information.|
|Start: ||Monday Feb 21, 2022 7:00 PM|
|End: ||Monday Feb 21, 2022 8:00 PM|
Contact Dallas at email@example.com with questions about accessibility.