Swallow Your Fear 2018
Maritime Labour Centre
Join us for a eerie night of devilish delights on Halloween weekend!
Swallow Your Fear is organized and held on the unceded, traditional territory and homelands of the Coast Salish people, specifically the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations. As organizers, we encourage all attendees to thoughtfully consider how collectively we can be supportive and in solidarity every day with the Indigenous communities on whose land we live, gather and play.
Vancouvers queer BDSM party returns this fall for a special Halloween evening. Whether you are skilled Domme, femme4femme, genderqueer kinkster, or devious Daddy, queer kinky ghouls of every glorious gender are welcome. Regardless if this is your first party, or if the dungeon is your second home, we invite you to dress up, get hungry, and Swallow Your Fear!
Saturday, October 27, 2018 8:00pm - 1:00am
Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph Street
Coast Salish Territories, aka Vancouver, B.C.
Attendees must be 19+ to attend.
Questions or inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to Metro Vancouver Kink for co-sponsoring this event.
$25 cash at the door, or through Brown Paper Tickets. (There is no ATM on site.)
We have a limited number of sliding scale ($0-$24) tickets available with priority given to BIPOC. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need one. We also welcome sponsors of tickets for someone in need!
We strive to make Swallow Your Fear welcoming and accessible to those who wish to attend. We are open to ideas of how to continue and improve accessibility and will thoughtfully work at meeting those needs.
* ASL interpreters can be made available upon advanced request via email by Oct 10
* Multi-stall non-gendered washrooms
* Wheelchair accessible entrance, seating area, washrooms and dungeon space
* Armless padded metal chairs in seating area and dungeon
* There will be a hemp-free rope area and suspension frame for folks with hemp allergies
* Free street parking available throughout the neighbourhood
* Public transit to MLC (#4 & #7 at Victoria and Powell/ #14 & #16 at Victoria and Hastings)
* Cash-only concession stand selling snacks and beverages on-site
SCENT REDUCED SPACE
In order to ensure access to those with allergies and MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities), please refrain from wearing colognes, perfumes or other scented or chemical products to the event. In consideration of this:
- There will be NO bootblacking at this event
- Please treat your leather and paint your nails at least 1 day prior to the party
- No smoking in the event space or within 25 feet of the event entrance
- There will be scent-free soap in the washrooms
The venue is maintained with the use of scented and chemical cleaners, however hospital grade sanitizing wipes (no sprays) are used for cleaning dungeon equipment.
For more information on how to be fragrance free:
ACCESSIBILITY PHYSICAL SPACE AUDIT
This audit of the Maritime Labour Centre was originally performed by the Radical Access Mapping Project in August 2011:
If you would like a space audited, or have questions about accessibility in general or this audit in particular, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
||Maritime Labour Centre|
1880 Triumph St
Vancouver, BC V5L 4C3
|Start: ||Saturday Oct 27, 2018 8:00 PM|
|End: ||Sunday Oct 28, 2018 1:00 AM|
|Minimum Age: 19|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|