Trinity Jazz Festival
Trinity Episcopal Church
|Sales have ended for this event.|
Online sales ended. Tickets for tonight's performance available at the door.
This year Festival is four days, January 25, 26, 27, 28, 2018.
- Thursday, January 25: The Festival kicks off with a viewing of the film, Sound of Redemption: The Frank Morgan Story 7 p.m. at MATCH the Midtown Arts and Theatre Center Houston, 3400 Main Street, Houston, TX. The viewing is a collaborative effort with Trinity Episcopal Church. Tickets are $10 general admission and $8 for seniors (65+) and students with valid ID.
Musicians Delfeayo Marsalis and Mark Gross are featured prominently in the film which Marsalis co-wrote. There will be a discussion immediately following the film with Morgans sister and Houston resident Angela Morgan.
- Friday, January 26: New Orleans natives vocalist Kim Prevost and guitarist Bill Solley are the featured artists with special guest artist Angela Morgan, providing an upscale evening of music and dining at the very popular VIP dinner. The $125 event, which sells out annually, will be held 6 p.m. Friday at the Doubletree Hotel, 6 Greenway Plaza, Houston.
- Saturday, January 27: Learn from the best. Musicians Marsalis and Gross will lead a free Saturday morning Master Class from 10:30 a.m. to noon, open to all at Trinity Episcopal Church Midtown, 1015 Holman Street at Main.
- Saturday evening 6 p.m., reception at Trinity featuring the music of the Jazz Education Inc. Student Ensemble.
- Saturday evening 7 p.m., Houston native Horace Alexander Young returns to open the evening concert with his quartet: Pamela York, piano; Anthony Brock, bass and Carl Lott, Jr., drums
- Saturday evening 8 p.m., Marsalis and Gross headline the concert with a tribute to Frank Morgan with Brittany Bloom, piano; Thomas Helton, bass; and Jerre Jackson, drums. VIP seating is $50, general seating is $35.
- Sunday 11 a.m. free Jazz Mass pays tribute to the music of Ray Charles with vocalist Werner Richmond, the Trinity Choir and Trinity Jazz Ensemble directed by Horace Alexander Young with spiritual reflections by Rector Atkins.
||Trinity Episcopal Church|
1015 Holman at Main
Houston, TX 77004
|Start: ||Friday Jan 26, 2018 6:00 PM|
|End: ||Saturday Jan 27, 2018 12:00 AM|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|